Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Apology, etc.

"Apology for Absence," or, "A Lyric or Ballad on 'Lyrical Ballads' "

I will not be in class Thursday;
I'm sure I will be missed.
I'm writing this post anyway,
So Porter won't be pissed.

Wordsworth was this really cool bloke,
His preface tells me this.
In horror, he could see a joke,
And in sadness, real bliss.

Thus he set to writing verses,
On the sinister and strange,
On the plain life and on curses,
And pastoral ranges.

His stanzas twisted perception,
On laws and social class,
He poked holes with his inspection,
And kicked slavery's ass.

"Brothers" was a good one, but long,
As was "Old Man," in all.
Though cutting it, I think, was wrong,
He had the final call.

So I end this meager ballad,
With this in mind! Mind you;
My meter and rhymes are valid!
Thanks for suffering through.

- Sir Alec Jordan, 3/3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment